Tuesday, November 02, 2010

New Art From Old


Fellow mixed media artist, Diane has visited my blog and left lovely comments.  A post of hers gave me the idea to try something new.  Like her, I printed an older piece on card stock after I altered the size to fit the board (6"x6") I wanted to use.  Printing it out this way allowed me to add some pencil work to the picture.  I added a little more highlighting on the forehead, nose and chin.  And I wanted the eye a lighter brown.  The other papers used in this piece are painted tissue paper and commercially printed patterned scrapbook card stock that I spray painted to make it my own.
I added the number two with a stencil and Golden's Molding Paste.  When the number two dried, I stained it with a pink Pitt pen then rubbed it with a bit of Interference Gold which allows the designs of the papers underneath to show through.  The last add was a collaged rectangle to finish it off.  I love the way it turned out.  Diane was inspired by Teresa Magel.
I am enjoying blog hopping.  Finding out what others are doing.  Studying,  Exploring.  And sometimes incorporating these ideas into my work.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Allo--thanks so much for the mention, and I absolutely love what you've done--the papers you've collaged with it are wonderful. I love the fact that you made them your own. Once I start doing these collages, I keep finding different ways in which I can do them--it's very addictive, and a great way to use our art.

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

such an important note to all ... thanks for shareN

Nelly said...

I really like this piece. Thank you for the tips.

Mary said...

Allo I love this place. The moldong paste piece is way cool
Mary U