Saturday, August 28, 2010

Here's To Golden

"Pink" re-do in my journal


After seeing that Golden has developed digital grounds, I got very excited, so when they first came out I bought white (matte) then had to tried clear (gloss).  There are caveats to these products.  One being to allow it to thoroughly dry after application to your chosen paper as to not mess up your printer.  I read the literature and really wanted to give it a go.  I experimented with an older drawing with strong lines.  The paper I put through the printer was slightly shiny with pictures and text.  I brushed on the clear (gloss) ground like the bottle says, held my breath while it went through my printer.  Naturally, I didn't leave it as is.  Once glued in the the journal, I decided to paint the face so it would stand out a bit and then paint around the print.  I like the idea of these digital grounds and plan to do a lot more playing around.

No comments: